Researchers find exploits for popular game engines, putting both clients and servers at risk, we’ll share the details.
Plus TerraCom epic privacy breach, a recap from BSDcan 2013, your questions our answers, and much much more!
On this week’s TechSNAP!
In this week’s show:-
- We take a look at what’s been happening in the news:
- Ubuntu will be supporting the 3.8 Linux kernel until August 2014
- The International Space Station is migrating its laptops from Windows to Linux
- There have been some security problems in the Linux kernel that are being fixed
- Yahoo! have acquired Tumblr
- It seems that Microsoft is accessing Skype chats
- We catch up with what’s happening in the Ubuntu community:
- Ubuntu.com is getting an update to ensure it allows access to all parts of the project
- You can win a Dell XPS 13 Ubuntu Edition ultrabook…if you go to Russia or the Ukraine and take a photo of a billboard
- Ubuntu Brainstorm will be shut down
- Jono Bacon has blogged a summary of what happened at the most recent UDS
- Ubuntu SDK should be ready to use by October this year
- And we mention some events:
We’ll be back in one week with an interview with Sean Tilley of Diaspora. In the meantime, send us your feedback!
Please send your comments and suggestions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Join us on IRC in #ubuntu-uk-podcast on Freenode
Leave a voicemail via phone: +44 (0) 203 298 1600, sip: email@example.com and skype: ubuntuukpodcast
Follow our twitter feed http://twitter.com/uupc
Find our Facebook Fan Page
Follow us on Google Plus
Leave us some segment ideas on the Etherpad
The DOJ’s investigations into journalists has expanded, who is the target, and how far is the US government willing to go? We dig into the details.
Ripped apart from a massive tornado Moore Oklahoma, begins their recovery. The media on the other hand has gone into full exploitation mode, we’ll rip them up.
Then Russia outs another CIA operative, Tim Cook Testified in the senate, the flawed Media Shield Law, a BIG drone update, and much much more.
On this week’s Unfilter.
We chat with Amir Taaki about Libbitcoin, and how it could enable a new generation of Bitcoin powered applications and services. And what he see’s as the biggest threat facing Bitcoin, his work with Electrum and more.
Then Ben Morse from the Port Forward Podcast joins us to wrap up the best of this weekend’s #Bitcoin2013 Future of Payments conference.
Plus a big batch of your questions, the news of the week, and more!