Archive for the ‘Minecraft’ Category
Linux isn’t known for gaming, today we change that forever! We’ve got a batch of games that will keep you fragging for hours!
Then – We load you up on the details for the next Ubuntu release and the Gnome 3 outburst heard around the world!
All this week on, The Linux Action Show!
GoDaddy.com Use our codes LINUX to save 10% at checkout, or LINUX20 to save 20% on hosting!
Direct Episode Download Links:
Episode Show Notes:
- KNOPPIX 6.7.0 Delivers a Few Surprises
- HP Gives OpenStack Significant Backing in the Cloud Wars
- Ubuntu 11.10 Alpha 3 Released
- What’s an Oneiric Ocelot?
- Canonical Expands Partnerships with Game Developers
- Linus Torvalds would like to see a GNOME fork
- Mate Desktop Environment A Gnome 2 Fork!
- Important Announcement Coming Today at Desktop Summit
- PlayDeb.net Beta – Welcome
- Minecraft Installer Script for Ubuntu
- FreedroidRPG – Ubuntu install guide
- 0 A.D. :: Wildfire Games
- Vendetta Online
- Achron (Beta)
- DOSbox and Gog.com
Find us on Google+
Find us on Twitter:
Follow the network on Facebook:
Catch the show LIVE at 10am on Sunday:
After that news, we’ve decided to dedicate this week’s episodes to UPDATING you guys on some of the most popular topics we’ve covered over the past almost-year. Tonight’s update is about MINECRAFT! Big things have been moving and shaking in the world of indie gaming since the last time we talked about this ground-breaker, and we’re here to tell you about it!
Notch is contemplating a launch party / convention in Las Vegas
- Tentative date, Nov 11th
- Yes, the game HAS NOT LAUNCHED YET.
Notch reveals the future of official support for Mods
Original cost for source code = $5, but cost was later dropped to FREE due to outcry.
- Official response