Archive for the ‘iphone’ Category
Complex passwords can be a real pain in the butt, after you watch this episode you’ll learn how LastPass makes great password management stupid easy!
LastPass’ Password Vault is protected by a master password and is encrypted locally, synchronized to any other browser. LastPass also has a form filler that automates password entering and form filling. It also supports password generation.
In this episode, Chris shares a few ways he finds LastPass to be exceptionally useful!
LastPass – Password Manager, Form Filler, Password Management
-One master password
-Secure password generation
-Importing and exporting passwords
-Cross-platform availability and mobile versions for premium
Extra Security Tip:
Take advantage of the LastPass multi factor authentication tool. It uses the Google Authenticator app on your smart phone, and gives your password vault an extra layer of protection.
In our second installment of technology that will fundamentally alter the way we interact with the world around us, the boys of J@N are going to take a closer look at Augmented Reality. Although this technology has been around for years now, it remains in its infancy.
But why? If companies and developers have been looking at AR for years now, where are our fancy future goggles? Could it be a commercial issue, or something more SINISTER about the human condition itself?
Join us for a romp through a future we can all see coming, as well explore the ins and outs of this potentially revolutionary technology.
- National Geographic Visual
* “Information would be seamlessly attached to our decision-making” James Alliban
* “Information becomes part of the object itself” Pranav Mistry
* Privacy concerns (obviously), but also more visual access to the info you’re sharing.
* ARToolkit for iPhone // ARSights (website)
- Viability dependent on widespread adoption
- Complete standardization required for most useful
- Create a whole new job market AR designers / admins
- Create a whole new way for people to spam and advertise
Schism in society – haves and have nots
Any big players already on board?
Google Goggles App: http://androinica.com/2009/12/google-goggles-visual-search-and-augmented-reality-app-for-android/
All this week on J@N, we’re talking about technology that will fundamentally change the way that we interact with the world around us.
For the first round, we’re going to take a look at Near-Field Communication technology, and the concept of ‘digital wallets.’ Several big players in the tech industry appear to be getting behind this innovation, as well as at least one notable financial institution!
Could this technology replace our need for physical wallets, and even our car or house keys? Tune in to find out our thoughts on how this could reshape the future as we know it.
- VISA commercial about paying with phones
- Visa Digital Wallet Accelerates Mobile-Payments Race
- Experimenting with NFC check-ins for Google I/O
- Next iPhone will not have NFC chip, BUT
- NFC payments appearing in Apple stores leading to speculation that the iPhone 5 will have this capability as part of its core functionality.
- Google also showed off NFC capabilities at Google I/O, but used for controlling external devices, not for transmitting data for transactions.
- Google Places already using decals to transmit data to mobile devices using NFC.