The Linux Planet site, http://linuxplanet.org/blogs/ and http://linuxplanet.org/casts/, has been established by today’s prominent Linux and Open Source bloggers and podcasters to aggregate the best of their content into a single, convenient location. You can learn about Linux, get help with your transition from other operating systems, and subscribe to all the blogs and all the podcasts using the feeds on this site.
Recently, the adoption of Free and Open Source software such as GNU Linux has been fueled by a growing, grass roots dissatisfaction with:
- computers that control how you behave, not the other way around.
- proprietary software that limits how you can use it.
- companies that impose restrictions on you, the “purchaser” of their software, that make it illegal for you to lend, share, give away or backup the software you paid for, or even to transfer that software from one device to another.
- the rising cost of commercial software in the face of excellent, free Open Source alternatives.
- being forced to upgrade to an expensive “new version” of a software application simply because the software you purchased last week is not compatible with the proprietary operating system that came with your new computer hardware.
With the growth in the number of computer users switching to the Linux operating system, the number of blogs, podcasts, help sites and special interest groups has increased in at least equal proportions. This site brings some of the very best to you, all in one place.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.